THE COMPANY

ORGANIZATION
SHAREHOLDERS

EDPR shareholders are spread across 21 countries. EDP (“Energias de Portugal”) is the major one holding 82.6% of the share capital since the General and Voluntary Public Tender Offer closed in August 2017

EDPR total share capital is, since its initial public offering (IPO) in June 2008, composed of 872,308,162 shares issued with a nominal value of five euros each, fully paid. All these shares are part of a single class and series and are admitted to trading on the Euronext Lisbon regulated market.

 

MAJOR SHAREHOLDERS, THE EDP GROUP

The majority of the company’s share capital is owned by EDP Group, holding 82.6% of the share capital and voting rights, since the General and Voluntary Public Tender Offer closed in August 2017, where EDP Group acquired 5.03% of EDPR’s share capital and voting rights. EDP Group is a vertically integrated utility company, the largest generator, distributor and supplier of electricity in Portugal, has significant operations in electricity and gas in Spain and is one of the largest private generation group in Brazil through its stake in Energias do Brasil. In the Iberian Peninsula, EDP is the third largest electricity generation company and one of the largest distributors of . EDP has a relevant presence in the world energy outlook, bein

g present in 14 countries and close to 12,000 employees around the world. In 2017, EDP had an installed capacity of 26.8 GW, generating 70 TWh, of which 39% come from wind. EDP is part of sustainability indexes (DJSI World and Europe), following its performance in the economic, social and environmental dimensions. Its holding company, EDP SA, is a listed company whose ordinary shares are traded in the Euronext Lisbon since its privatization in 1997.

OTHER QUALIFIED SHAREHOLDERS

Besides the qualified shareholding of EDP Group, MFS Investment Management – an American-based global investment manager formerly known as Massachusetts Financial Services – communicated to CNMV in September 2013 an indirect qualified position, as collective investment institution, of 3.1% in EDPR share capital and voting rights.

BROAD BASE OF INVESTORS

EDPR has an international base of investors. Excluding EDP Group, EDPR shareholders comprise more than 33,500 institutional and private investors spread worldwide. Institutional investors represent about 99% of EDPR investor base (ex-EDP Group), while the remaining 1% st

 

and private investors, most of whom are resident in Portugal. Within institutional investors, investment funds are the major type of investor, followed by sustainable and responsible funds (SRI). EDPR is a member of several financial indexes that aggregate top performing companies for sustainability and corporate social responsibility.

WORLDWIDE SHAREHOLDERS

EDPR shareholders are spread across 21 countries, being United States the most representative country, accounting for 32% of EDPR shareholder base (ex-EDP Group), followed by United Kingdom, Australia, France, Netherlands, Norway and Portugal. In Rest of Europe the most representative countries are Belgium, Switzerland and Sweden.